Experienced Scientific Software Engineer
Are you fascinated by data science and want to be part of the exciting and continuously developing space industry? Are you ambitious and looking for challenging projects to grow your skills?
Come and join our S[&]T team in Oslo/Norway (www.stcorp.no). We are specialised in R&D solutions for space, science, and environmental monitoring using Earth Observation (EO) data. Together with our national and international customers, mainly within the space industry, we utilise novel techniques and platforms to analyse and process data from satellite imagery.
We are looking for a passionate Scientific Software Engineer to work on software development for scientific applications.
- You have a minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience with software development, preferably in Python and/or C++;
- There is a preference for experience with FPGA development and space platforms or small power-constrained platforms in general;
- You have completed higher technical education (MSc or PhD) in Aerospace, Cybernetics, Physics, Computer Science, Informatics or similar topics;
- Preferably you have knowledge of electronic communication interfaces used on satellites, such as I2C, LVDS, SPI, CAN, SpaceWire or SpaceFibre;
- A background in working with (EO) imaging satellite instrument data is preferred.
- You have a strong analytical mind that enjoys coming up with novel solutions;
- You are capable of self-study and quickly acquiring new knowledge/new skills across technical areas;
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- Software development for scientific applications, independent or in a team;
- Optimising processing throughout by improving the algorithm, code implementation, and IT infrastructure;
- Testing and documentation of the software;
- Communication with the project partners and/or the customer within the projects;
- Communication of your technical opinions and results within the company;
- Support on proposal/bids writing.
- Flexibility within projects.
- Passionate colleagues in a unique culture and environment.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Opportunity to work with a modern technology stack.
- Opportunity to be involved in European projects in teams of multinational top scientists & engineers.
- Culture of learning and development.
- Central office location at the MESH Community (Nationaltheatret).
Who we are:
S[&]T Norway is a privately owned SME company conducting high-tech projects and consultancy within the EO sector. S[&]T AS was founded in 2011 and has today 14 employees situated in the MESH Community in Oslo, Norway. S[&]T AS works solely within EO, focusing on SW solutions for applying satellite data to monitor environmental conditions and changes.
For more information see www.stcorp.no
About the recruitment process:
- Only applications with a motivation letter will be evaluated.
- Before the first interview, the selected candidates will be asked to complete a work assignment.
- Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume of responses, we might not be able to reject your application in person.
Would you like to hear more about the position? Please send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com, or reach out to Kenneth Hauglund, Managing Director, at +47 95 46 36 20.