Junior Machine Learning Engineer
Are you fascinated by data science and want to be part of the exciting and continuously developing space industry? Are you ambitious and looking for challenging projects to grow your skills?
Come and join our S[&]T Earth Observation/Machine Learning (EO/ML) team in Oslo, Norway (www.stcorp.no). We are specialised in R&D, deep learning solutions for space, science, and environmental monitoring using Earth Observation data. Together with our national and international customers, mainly within the space industry, we utilise novel techniques to analyse and process data from satellite imagery.
We are looking for a passionate machine learning engineer to support our EO/ML team.
- You have some hands-on experience in working with machine learning.
- You have experience with software development, preferably in Python.
- You have completed a higher technical education (MSc or PhD) in Physics, Astronomy, Computer Science, or similar topics.
- You have a strong analytical mindset that enjoys coming up with novel solutions.
- You are capable of self-study and quickly acquiring new knowledge/new skills across technical areas.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- Be open-minded, and cooperate well within a team; share knowledge, experience and information; proactively support others in the pursuit of team goals.
- Background from working with Earth Observation data.
- Image processing, especially segmentation with deep learning.
- Experience with Pytorch.
- Your responsibilities:
- Research and implement deep learning algorithms.
- Develop machine learning applications according to requirements.
- Communication with the project partners and/or the customer within the projects.
- Communication of your technical opinions and results within the Company.
- Presenting project results and representing the Company on conferences, commercial and outreach events.
- Flexibility within projects.
- A unique culture and environment with passionate colleagues.
- The opportunity to work with a modern technology stack.
- The opportunity to be involved in European projects in teams of multinational top scientists & engineers.
- The possibility to enhance your professional knowledge and skills by further education, training and attending courses or conferences.
- An office located at the MESH Innovation House, in the city centre.
S[&]T Norway is a privately owned SME company conducting high-tech projects and consultancy within Earth Observation sector. S[&]T has operated for more than 10 years in project implementation and product development where space, science and technology play an important role, building bridges from technical capabilities to market-ready solutions.
About the recruitment process:
- Only applications with a motivation letter will be evaluated.
- Before the first interview the selected candidates will be asked to complete a work assignment.
- Please note that if you do not hear back from us within 10 days from your application, you may assume that we have selected another candidate we would like to interview for this position. We do our best to get back to you individually, however, due to a high volume in response, we might not be able to reject your application in person.
Would you like to hear more about the position? Please send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out to Kenneth Hauglund, Managing Director, at +47 95 46 36 20.