Senior Scientific Software Engineer for the Space Industry
We are looking for a skilled software engineer (minimum 5 years of experience) to join our S[&]T team in Norway/Oslo.
Science [&] Technology AS (S[&]T) is part of the S[&]T Corporation (headquarters in the Netherlands), operating for more than 15 years in project implementations and product developments where science and technology play an important role.
Our systems-level thinkers know how to use science and technology as a tool to solve complex problems in many domains. By choosing the right tools, and putting them in the right hands, S[&]T builds a bridge from technical capabilities through to market-ready solutions.
- Instrument simulation & data analysis
- Satellite data processing
- Environmental monitoring
- Distributed and cloud computing
- Machine learning and data mining
- Simulating the next generation European weather satellite instrument;
- Forest monitoring using optical data from satellite and UAV;
- Climate change monitoring of the ice sheets;
- Climate data processing toolbox development;
- In-orbit satellite data processing projects
Your typical activities
- Software development for scientific applications, independent or in a team.
- Optimization of processing throughput by improving the algorithm, the code implementation, the IT infrastructure or all three.
- Testing and documentation of our software.
- Communication with the project partners or the customer within the projects.
- Communication of your technical opinions within the company.
- Support on Proposal/Bids writing.
- You have completed a higher technical education (MSc or PhD) in Aerospace, Physics, Computer Science, Informatics, Cybernetics or similar topics.
- You are an experienced engineer capable of supporting the full software life cycle of a project, from requirements and design through implementation, testing, and software deployment.
- You have experience with writing C/C++, Python and interest in software development.
- You have experience with Linux, Docker and virtualized hardware.
- You are customer and results focused, adhering to professional standards while respecting project deadlines and requirements.
- You can function well in a team, and are able to communicate effectively and clearly (both verbally and in writing) with customers and your team members.
- You have a strong analytical mind that enjoys coming up with novel solutions.
- You are flexible and motivated, in work tasks and approaches.
- You are capable of self-study and quickly acquiring new knowledge or gaining new skills across a wide range of technical areas.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, high-tech company.
- Opportunity to be involved in European projects in teams of multinational top scientists & engineers.
- Opportunity for career growth, wide variety of projects, and responsibility for cutting edge technology development.
- Permanent employment contract.
- S[&]T offices in MESH, Oslo, Norway
- Start date: as soon as possible
Please send your application with CV to email@example.com or contact Maria Jozefiak at +47 40 55 57 29